Marcia's Poem of the Week 4.07.2023

 Marcia's Poem of the Week 12.17.2023 “TRIUMPHAL ENTRY” 

Matthew 21:6-9 / The two disciples did as Jesus commanded. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt to him and threw their garments over the colt, and he sat on it. 8 Most of the crowd spread their garments on the road ahead of him, and others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. Jesus was in the center of the procession, and the people all around him were shouting, “Praise God for the Son of David!   Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the Lord!  Praise God in the highest heaven!”


“TRIUMPHAL ENTRY” Matthew 21:6-9

The Lord's Triumphal Entry emerges,
As a distinguished red-carpet scene,
Where waving live palm branches,
Celebrate Jesus as Lord and King.

Waved palms were laid in His path,
Where garments were also thrown down,
And the people shouted His praises at last,
As Jesus rode the colt through the town.

This was a most memorable moment,
That was observed for all mankind,
For He opposed corrupt management,
And put the fear of evil and death behind.

For the coming of your Lord and King,
Brings forgiveness and life-eternal,
And gives hope beyond all thinking,
To end both corruption and the carnal.

His aim is filled with love and purity,
He came so you'd know your King,
He redeems your sins and gives posterity,
That'll make your heart and soul sing.

For your Lord was sent to go before,
As a self proclaimed overcomer,
He came to save His people forevermore,
Where we'll all reign together forever.

Marcia Riehle 2023


Poem of the week for my great grandsons, Jeremiah, Tobiah and Elijah. Mark 9:36-37 NLT 36 Then he put a little child among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them,  37 “Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me.”

“WELCOME HIM”

Oh, be still my beating heart,
For Jesus is coming today,
And as He comes to my town,
He'll be riding a colt on the way.

And I'll happily sing and worship,
As each leaf lays under my feet,
And be thankful for hope and purpose,
Because He makes my life complete.

I'll let my family and friends know,
They'll want to see him too,
And I will wear my spiderman suit,
Along with my favorite shoes.

I'll let the Lord be in control,
As I sit quietly at His feet,
His words are food for my soul,
And His songs of love are sweet.

GG 2023


 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021