Marcia's Poem of the Week 6.24.2022

 

Marcia's Poem of the Week

 Psalm 66:16-20 “Prayer Conquers Fear” 6/24/2022

 Proverbs 29:25 “...whoever trust in the Lord is safe”

Sunday's scripture lesson was taken from Psalms 66:16-20 “16 Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. 17 I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke. 18 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. 19 But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer. 20 Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me.

Wednesday I went to the Doctor for my well visit. I noticed a sign in the office waiting room letting people know that if they get out of control the authorities will be called. Fear is the enemy. And my first thought after reading the sign was: am I safe? God's word tells us if ever there was a time for prayer, it is now. Philippians 4:6 “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

 

GO TO GOD IN PRAYER, Psalms 66:16-20, Philippians 4:6

Lord, we stand filled with sin.

Much of which we cannot see.
Open our eyes and search within.
And make us what we need to be.

Lift us from the worldly ground.
Take our being and it's worth,
Far above the Angel's realm,
From the allure of an unclean earth.

Touch our lips with coals-heated.
Make our mind clean and clear.
Should we burn from sins repeated.
Build our faith and hear our prayer.

Help us be the one who listens.
Let us know that you are near.
In Life's filth make us glisten.
Brave, clean and free from fear.

Let us see you in your grandeur.
Let us feel your strength and love.
Give our hearts courage to endure,
Until we see you in heaven above.

Amen

Marcia Riehle, 2022

________________________

Poem of the Week for my Great Grandsons: Jeremiah, Tobiah and Elijah

1 Samuel 17:45 Then David said to the (the Giant) Philistine, You come to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.  Psalm 66: 19 “But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer. 20 Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me.” Here a “Giant” symbolizes your greatest fears. What is your giant? What are your fears?

GIANTS

There are giants everywhere
They will never go away

But you have all you need
To conquer them today
Even the mightiest giant
Began once as small
When nurtured and fed
They'll take over all
Know the battle is the Lord's
When we don't know what to do
The victory is in His hands
It is He that will defend you
So you need not run
Or stand trembling in fear
As the giant draws closer
Let him come near
Whatever your giant be
Bring it to the light of day
And call on God's power
As you kneel to pray
Trust in the Lord
Know His love covers you
The Giant is in God's control
God will show you what to do
Trust is the key to peace
God's word will get you there
Any Giant that you face
Is overcome through prayer.

GG

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Lord: Help us turn to you in prayer,
Should fear overtake or threaten,
And let us know that you are near,
Making all things right that's broken. Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021