Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.08.2023

 

Marcia's Poem of the Week. “A CALL TO DISCIPLESHIP” 

 John 17:6-10 NLT 6 “I have revealed you to the ones you gave me from this world. They were always yours. You gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7 Now they know that everything I have is a gift from you, 8 for I have passed on to them the message you gave me. They accepted it and know that I came from you, and they believe you sent me. 9 “My prayer is not for the world, but for those you have given me, because they belong to you. 10 All who are mine belong to you, and you have given them to me, so they bring me glory. 11 Now I am departing from the world; they are staying in this world, but I am coming to you. Holy Father, you have given me your name; now protect them by the power of your name so that they will be united just as we are.

A CALL TO DISCIPLESHIP

God planned a Nineveh trip,
But Jonah decided to rebel,
And climbed on a sailing ship,
To go as far as he could sail.

Jonah was unwilling to submit,
Heading to Tarshish was his plan,
And when the raging storm hit,
It alarmed each sailor-man.

The sailors feared Jonah's God,
So then at Jonah's own request,
The sailors threw him overboard,
Making the raging waters rest.

Jonah was swallowed and afraid,
Of the great creature of the sea,
And in its belly Jonah layed,
For three days he made his plea.

God heard Jonah’s prayer,
And charged the beast to swim,
And spit him up at Nineveh where,
God's word could be shared with them.

God calls you to His discipleship,
And no matter what you may plan,
He'll steer you from aTarshish trip,
To send you to a lost Nineveh-Land.

Marcia Riehle, - Sept 8, 2023


Marcia's Poem of the week for my great grandsons Jeremiah, Tobiah and Elijah. STORY OF JONAH


Jonah 1: 1 The Lord gave this message to Jonah son of Amittai: 2 “Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh. Announce my judgment against it because I have seen how wicked its people are.” 3 But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the Lord. He went down to the port of Joppa, where he found a ship leaving for Tarshish. He bought a ticket and went on board, hoping to escape from the Lord by sailing to Tarshish. 4 But the Lord hurled a powerful wind over the sea, causing a violent storm that threatened to break the ship apart. 5 Fearing for their lives, the desperate sailors shouted to their gods for help and threw the cargo overboard to lighten the ship. But all this time Jonah was sound asleep down in the hold. 6 So the captain went down after him. “How can you sleep at a time like this?” he shouted. “Get up and pray to your god! Maybe he will pay attention to us and spare our lives.” 12 “Throw me into the sea,” Jonah said, “and it will become calm again. I know that this terrible storm is all my fault.” 15 Then the sailors picked Jonah up and threw him into the raging sea, and the storm stopped at once! 17 Now the Lord had arranged for a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was inside the fish for three days and three nights.

CHOOSING THE CRUISE Jonah 1:1-17

Often it's the little things,
That can prompt God's wrath,
When possessions are obsessions,
They'll distract you from God's path.

Let nothing take your heart,
For it belongs to God alone,
And His spirit will not depart,
For He wants to be your own.

Know everywhere you travel,
God will see you through,
Know every snare will unravel,
Before it ever reaches you.

And when your direction is right,
Know God will watch over you,
Going along staying in His light,
You will see the path to pursue.

Marcia Riehle 2023




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021