Marcia's Poem of the Week 6.30.2023

Marcia's Poem of the Week 6-30-2023 “EYES OF FAITH” 

Mark 10:46-52

46 Then they reached Jericho, and as Jesus and his disciples left town, a large crowd followed him. A blind beggar named Bartimaeus (son of Timaeus) was sitting beside the road. 47 When Bartimaeus heard that Jesus of Nazareth was nearby, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”48 “Be quiet!” many of the people yelled at him. But he only shouted louder, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” 49 When Jesus heard him, he stopped and said, “Tell him to come here.” So they called the blind man. “Cheer up,” they said. “Come on, he’s calling you!” 50 Bartimaeus threw aside his coat, jumped up, and came to Jesus. 51 “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked. “My Rabbi,” the blind man said, “I want to see!” 52 And Jesus said to him, “Go, for your faith has healed you.” Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus down the road.

“I WANT TO SEE”

I have seen sick people heal,
And have seen babies born,
The sunrise I can see and feel,
As I enjoy its light each morn.

I have seen the dark at night,
Before retiring to my bed,
A reminder of the Lord's might,
As I lay down my head.

But, I want to learn to praise Him,
For keeping me through the night,
And I want to go about my day,
Assured He makes things right.

I want to watch out for others,
For I know He put them there,
To help sisters and brothers,
 I want to learn how to share.

I want to follow and believe,
And I want to read His word,
And I want to know and receive,
Him as my Savior and my Lord.

I want to confess my wrongs,
For that is what He said,
And I want to act in faithfulness,
For He raised me from the dead.

I want to trust in His giving,
The way He would want it to be,
For He made my life worth living
By forgiving and setting me free.

 I'm undeserving to receive His grace,
But it's in His name I want to believe,
So should I stray from His embrace,
I want my eyes of faith to see for me.

Marcia Riehle 2023

Poem of the week for my great grandsons: Jeremiah, Tobiah and Elijah.

EYES OF FAITH

You'll want to share worshipping Him,
Because you see that God is good,
You'll want to share praising Him,
Because your heart says you should.

You'll want to come and take part,
And help others see His love,
For God loves a contrite heart,
And so do the Angels above.

Through God's service and praise,
You'll be able to see what's true,
And as you follow His loving ways,
You will help others see him too.

GG  2023 



 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021