Marcia's Poem of the Week 10.07.2022

Luke 18: 9-14 Parable of the Pharisee and Tax Collector
 9. “Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else: 10. “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. 11. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! 12. I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’ 13. “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ 14. I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

“Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine.” 2 Corinthians 13:5

HUMBLE PRAYER Luke 18: 9-14

Your prayer can move a mountain,
And give a life a new start,
And refresh your inner fountain,
That'll fill your thirsty heart.

Your prayer brings living water,
That's refreshing and pure,
And gives a perfect helper,
That is steadfast and sure.

Your prayer's a way of living,
That makes the Lord pleased,
And it's a way of giving,
Where faith can be received.

It's through prayer that you grow,
And that you're able to see,
And that gives a direction to go,
One that will set you free.

Even in places that are dark,
When prayer is applied,
It will set the benchmark,
By which you are justified.

Your prayer will make you strong,
And through prayer you'll love,
Prayer sings the sweetest song,
In life and in God's ear above.

Marcia Riehle 2022

Poem of the week for my great grandsons, Jeremiah, Tobiah and Elijah
“...those who humble themselves will be exalted” Luke 18: 14B

Dear Jesus:

Help me to tell the truth of your Word,
And make it simple to understand,
And to touch each life with your love,
And the warmth of your hand.

Let each one see that Your their hope,
And that freedom comes from You,
So when they face the troubled world,
They'll know what You would do.

Help me to always lift You up,
And forget my selfish need,
Make of my life what You will,
So Your example I can be. AMEN

GG 2022



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021