Marcia's Poem of the Week 7.01.2022

 

Marcia's Poem of the Week  6.28.2022

John 15:5-11 NLT “JOY”

The photo attached is two of my great grandsons enjoying their special treat. “Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10 (NIV)

 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. 6 Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. 7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! 8 When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father. 9 “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. 10 When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. 11 I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!  John 15: 5-11 (NLT)

JOY”

We are a branch in harmony,

Attached to Christ the Vine,
Joy is found in our testimony,
While living by His design.

We are to remain in Him,
And He is to remain in us,
For the joyful fruit we're given,
Prompts our willingness to trust.

Free to act on what we know,
We'll produce pure joy for Him,
For He has always loved us so,
And is our truest friend.

It's joyful fruit we're to bear,
Every where we can,
For the world needs God's care,
And our joyful helping hand.

And as we follow and obey,
Others will want joy too,
We need only give joy away,
To show what Christ can do.

Joy will overflow for us here,
Because His promises are true,
He gave joy to us to share,
So others can find it too.

Marcia Riehle 2022


Poem of the week for my great grandsons: Jeremiah, Tobiah, and Elijah

“JOY”

It's the Lord who brings joy to life,
That's the way it's always been,
He gives good seed free of strife,
For the plumpest fruit ever seen.

Of His fruit there's a wide array,
Under the sky on land and sea,
They are not just there for display,
But to be given to those in need.

For every living thing you see,
Need's God's spirit to be alive,
And good fruit will fill the need,
To make our way of life thrive.

Our God loves all He created,
And He is our confiding friend,
And as life and joy are proceeded,
We can do nothing without Him.

Thus, credit Him for His bounty,
And accept Him for His gift of joy,
Give thanks for fruits bathed in glory,
Give Him praise for the life you enjoy.

GG 2022




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021