Marcia's Poem of the Week 5.13.2022

 

Marcia's Poem of the Week   John 17: 13-19    NLT 5/13/2022

John 17:13-19   13 “Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy. 14 I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. 16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do. 17 Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. 18 Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. 19 And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.

 

BIBLICAL PARENTING  John 17:13-19  NLT

God's Word teaches right from wrong,

And includes life giving rules, 

And sets limits true and strong,

And enables life sharing tools.

 

The Bible as a tool is consistent,

And displays God's gentle hand,

Where we learn God's love and limits,

And the reasons for His plan.

 

With Christian guidance and love,

And knowledge of what is heard,

God sends His spirit from above,

So we can understand His Word.

 

Thoughts of our own childhood,

Helps us know how children feel, 

And God's Word is life giving food, 

That is powerful and real.

Marcia Riehle 2022

 

Poem of the week for my great grandsons: Jeremiah, Tobiah and Elijah 

PLEASING GOD  Proverbs 2:7-10 NLT “He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to him. Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will find the right way to go. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will fill you with joy.”

 

PLEASING GOD

Learn God's Holy word, 

And keep it inside of you, 

Where His wisdom is stored, 

To guide everything you do.

 

For the Lord gives knowledge, 

To follow every good path, 

His wisdom is your heritage,  

That will forever last.

 

His victory's for the upright,

And averts trouble and distress,

For the faithful He shines His light,

And shields the blameless.

 

In His knowledge you'll understand, 

That His Word is a true treasure, 

And as you serve with a gentle hand, 

You'll bring God's heart great pleasure.

GG 2022



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021