Marcia's Poem of the Week 5.06.2022

 

Marcia's Poem of the week "Create in me a new heart" 

Psalm 51:1-2; 10-13  5/6/2022

 

Psalm 51:1-2; 10-13 NLT 

1 Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins.

2 Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.

11 Do not banish me from your presence, and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you.

13 Then I will teach your ways to rebels,

and they will return to you. 

    …And Psalm 23:1 “The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want.”

 

CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART. Psalm 51: 1-2; 10-13

 

The Lord keeps us firm in faith,

By the cleansing of our heart,

And gentle is our Lord's grace,

Where we shall never want.

 

Our mind is a prayerful place,

Where His perfect peace begins.

Where He lets us see His holy face,

As our Savior and our Friend.

 

Our soul is His celestial space,

That He created airy and bright,

Where His Paternal embrace,

Brings us His love and light.

 

The Lord inhabits our praise,

And makes our heart clean,

He is with us all our days,

And by His love we're redeemed.

 

Marcia Riehle 2022

 

Poem of the week for my great grandsons: Jeremiah, Tobiah and Elijah

 

CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART

Psalm 51:1-2; 10-13 NLT

 

Everyday in every way,

God creates a clean heart in you,

Yet often you turn away,

And no other way will do.

 

A selfish voice has often said,

The things you want to hear,

And it's easier than the truth,

When the truth's too hard to bear.

 

Wrong choices are painful,

And for others they're painful too,

But so often you're convinced,

It's the only choice for you.

 

So whenever you've been hurt,

You can turn to God for care.

By the reading of His word,

And going to Him in prayer,

 

He'll respond with what you need,

And help you through your fears,

He'll clean your heart indeed,

Free your soul and dry your tears.

 

Marcia Riehle 2022




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021