Marcia's Poem of the Week 11.19.2021

 

Poem of the Week by Marcia 11-19-21

“TEACH ME HOW TO FISH FOR PEOPLE”

 

Thoughts regarding Luke 5:1-11. Key Verse: Luke 5:10. His partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed. Jesus replied to Simon, “Don’t be afraid! From now on you’ll be fishing for people!” 11. And as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus.

 

"FISH FOR PEOPLE"   Luke 5:10

 

Dear Lord,

Teach me how to fish for people.

To rescue them from a troubled sea,

I know I need not fear for safety,

For You guard every place I'll be.

And when I call You're always near,

To aid me through each strife,

I cling to you and you cast out fear,

Giving me a new way of life.

Let me lean upon your promises,

And learn your word therein,

Empower my prayer muscles,

And teach me how to fish for them.

 

Marcia Riehle 2021

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021