Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

 

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9/3/2021 

“BEING GOD'S PEOPLE” 

Thoughts Reflecting on verses: "Jeremiah 31:33" and Psalm 23:4 and Exodus 16:35 

Jeremiah 31:33 - “But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.” Psalm 23:4 - “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” Exodus 16:35 - “The Israelites ate manna forty years, until they came to a land that was settled; they ate manna until they reached the border of Canaan.”

 

"BEING GOD'S PEOPLE” Jeremiah 31:33

Laws are the covenant word,

Written to rescue and uplift,

As a living message to be heard,

God's people possess this gift.

The Staff is to comfort us,

To lead and direct our way,

Manna feeds and supplies us,

With a much-needed buffet.

When God's people humbly,

Reveal His living word,

Many that are hungry, 

Will be fed on what they've heard.

And as they practice faith,

Through the years and beyond, 

And live life in God's grace,

Others too will be won.

God's covenant prevails,

...And His truth lies therein,

...And His word will not fail,

When His people obey Him.

 

Marcia Riehle 2021




Comments

  1. Oh, how often I desire the food of Egypt. Instead the steady, tried and true provisions of God. He provides enough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021