Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.27.2021

 

Marcia's Poem of the Week - August 27, 2021

"A PRAYING MOTHER" Reflection on 1 Samuel Chapter 1

Samuel, born about 1105BC was the son of Elkanah and Hannah, from the tribe of Levi. Samuel was born in answer to his mother's prayers. Hannah had dedicated Samuel from birth and he served the Lord all his life. In I Samuel 1:27, Hannah said, “For this child I prayed and the Lord has answered the desire of my heart.” Hannah nurtured and weaned Samuel and then took him to Eli the Priest for his education.

Psalm 127:3-4 says “Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.” Last year the United States was gifted with over 3.6 million babies, according to the National Population Register. God created family. God cares how children are raised, nurtured and educated.

 

A PRAYING MOTHER  I Samuel 1:27

 

My mother prayed for me,

She loved me before I was born.

She nurtured and cared for me.

She was loving and she was warm.

 

Like Hannah, her prayer was granted,

And being God's child I counted on Him,

While Godly faces kept me planted,

I looked to Him time and again.

 

I feel I've known the Lord always,

For I have never been alone,

I have family and friends God gave,

That helped me find my way along.

 

It is made clear in my mind,

That I received God's call,

For I too was dedicated,

Like Samuel was when he was small.

 

But I am not a priest, like Samuel

Yet, I pray for a priestly heart,

Though I'm subject to being fallible,

God knows I hope to do my part.

 

I pray that God helps me grow,

And bring His love to another,

And I ask Him to let everyone know,

The power of a praying mother.

 

Marcia Riehle 2021


                                                                               photo of my mom, Leila Bostwick, and me

                                                                                  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021