Marcia's Poem of the Week

 

Poem of the Week by Marcia

 “DIVINE GUIDANCE” John 3:16

 As a young child my grandmother watched me while my mom worked. With love she trained and nurtured me for living life. 

Romans 8:6a says “To be controlled by human nature results in death, to be controlled by the Spirit results in life and peace..” And your hope is in John 3:16...“whoever believes in Jesus will not perish but will have eternal life.”


 DIVINE GUIDANCE” John 3:16

 Grandma taught me to sit up straight,

To not slouch or cross my legs,

She taught me to not twist my hair,

Or to make up a silly face.

 


And to keep me in right thinking,

She'd poke my hand and stare at me,

To remind me that I was again being,

What she taught me not to be.

 

The Lord is just that loving,

Staring at you for your own good,

And He'll keep on poking,

Until you behave as you should.

 

Living life under divine guidance,

Opens your heart to know,

That through His grace and kindness,

Love will be everywhere you go.

Marcia Riehle 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.03.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 9.24.2021

Marcia's Poem of the Week 8.13.2021